Setting up an account is simple, below are some details to help you get started!
What do I need to open a Business Current Account?
- A smartphone (and signal) - we do everything through our app!
- Valid photo ID such as a passport or UK driving licence.
- To be a limited liability partnership (LLP) or owner of a limited company.
- About 10 minutes of your time (if you have documents which confirm the nature of your business at hand this will be easier - some examples are available here).
How do I sign up for the Starling Bank app?
- Please download our app and follow the instructions there or provide your phone number here and we will text you a link.
Am I eligible for a Business Current Account?
- Limited Companies can open a business current account.
- Limited Companies must be registered in the UK at Companies House. All Persons of Significant Control must be UK residents and people (not other companies, trusts etc.).
- Entities engaged in or linked in any way to certain activities may not be able to open or have a Business Current Account - please check our terms for full details here.
Am I eligible for a Sole Trader Account?
- You will need to first open a Personal Current Account - more details here
- Sole trader accounts are subject to eligibility checks, which include looking at credit data and understanding the nature of your business. The option to apply for a sole trader account in the Starling app will only be shown to customers that match our criteria, based on details provided for their Personal Current Account.
- Unfortunately we cannot tell you if you will be eligible for an STA before you open a Personal Current Account.