Connecting for the first time
To connect your Starling account to Xero you need to visit the Marketplace section of the Starling app, click on the Browse option and select Xero, which can be found in the accounting section.
Click to Add and you will be asked to confirm if you’re an existing Xero customer or looking to sign up.
Assuming you already use Xero:
- Select Login to Xero
- You will be prompted to grant access to Xero. Click on the teal button asking you to Open in app
- Confirm consent for sharing your data with Xero.
- You will be taken to Xero where you need to login with your Xero credentials.
- Once logged in, you will be presented with a dropdown menu from which you can select the organisation in Xero to link your Starling account to.
- You will then reach a screen asking you to select an account to link to, and a date from which to link transactions from. If this is the first time you are linking your Starling accounts, it is recommended that you select the option to create a new Xero account. If you linked your accounts previously, you should select your previously linked Xero account on this page.
After completing the above steps, you should be directed to the Starling Marketplace. Transactions will now be automatically synced between your Starling account and Xero.
Re-connecting to Xero
If you have linked to Xero previously and wish to re-connect you need to ensure the old integration is completely removed first. Head to the Marketplace section of the Starling app and you should see a Xero tile visible on this page. If you don’t see this, simply follow the steps above as if connecting for the first time. For those with the tile showing, you should click on this and then select Remove to delete Xero from your Starling account. Then you can re-add as above.