Connecting for the first time
To connect your Starling account to FreeAgent you need to visit the Marketplace section of the Starling app, click on the Browse option and select Free Agent, which can be found in the accounting section.
Assuming you already use FreeAgent:
- Click to Add FreeAgent
- You will be prompted to grant access to FreeAgent. Click on the teal button asking you to Open in app
- Confirm consent for sharing your data with FreeAgent.
- You will be taken to FreeAgent where you need to login with your FreeAgent credentials.
- Once logged in, you will need to confirm that you are happy for Starling to access your account data.
- You will then reach a screen asking you to select an account to link to, and a date from which to link transactions from. If this is the first time you are linking your Starling accounts, it is recommended that you select the option to create a new FreeAgent account. If you linked your accounts previously, you should select your previously linked FreeAgent account on this page.
After completing the above steps, you should be directed to the Starling Marketplace. Transactions will now be automatically synced between your Starling account and FreeAgent.
Re-connecting to FreeAgent
If you have linked to FreeAgent previously and wish to re-connect you need to ensure the old integration is completely removed first. Head to the Marketplace section of the Starling app and you should see a FreeAgent tile visible on this page. If you don’t see this, simply follow the steps above as if connecting for the first time. For those with the tile showing, you should click on this and then select Remove to delete FreeAgent from your Starling account. Then you can re-add as above.