You'll need to have an account open with us in order to switch to us. Once your account is open you can request the switch in the app by opening the main menu (top right) and clicking Switch to Starling. Please ensure you’re in the correct account before you request your switch - you’ll see which one on the first screen. Remember that to switch a new business or joint account you’ll need to open an account for it first.
To ensure a smooth switch please make sure:
- You have the details of your old bank account available (sort code, account number, last 5 digits of your old debit card if you had one)
- Your personal details at Starling match those at your old bank (we use your name and address to confirm the match)
- You are switching from the same kind of bank account (e.g. a business current account to a business current account). Some banks treat sole trader accounts as business current accounts so make sure you chose the right type of account when setting up your switch.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept switches from savings accounts.
- If your business account has multiple directors, all directors will have to accept the switch in the app before it can proceed.