The Toolkit currently supports VAT adjustments for import VAT - C79, Postponed VAT accounting and the movement of goods from Great Britain to Northern Ireland.
To make an adjustment:
- Go to the VAT section of the Business Toolkit. Make sure you are connected to HMRC
- Click on the VAT return you want to make an adjustment to. If this is your first time in the VAT section see here
- In the VAT return, click on the Add adjustment button
- A pop-up will appear with a drop down menu, where you can select the type of adjustment you want to make
- Complete the adjustment fields and click save
- Your VAT return (page with the 9 boxes) will display an adjustment and total column, to show you how the adjustment has been applied. You can also view the adjustment details by clicking on the boxes where the adjustment has been applied.